Saturday, January 21, 2017

They Tried to Bury Us...They Didn't Know We Were Seeds

Power Together TN

I wanted to drive to Washington. I thought seriously about driving to Washington. 
Then I heard about the local march right here in Nashville.
I bought a $3 scarf at Goodwill to transform into a Pussy hat, which turned out to be incredibly easy! Pussy Hat Project
I designed a graphic art poster that I then freehanded onto poster board, which was not as easy.


 



Speak Up What you Allow will Continue

I’ll be honest; in the 8 years I’ve lived here I’ve witnessed a lot of hate, racism, bullying and ignorance in the South. There are also amazing, brilliantly creative, and loving individuals who rally together like no other.  
Hate is everywhere. Bullies are everywhere. 
Yet love is stronger. We have to be brave. We have to speak up.  

I was a little skeptical about the numbers they were predicting for the Women’s March in Nashville. When I arrived at Cumberland Park, I don’t think shocked is a strong enough word. When I saw the masses, I started crying. 
And I continued to hold back tears for most of the day.

I’m an introvert. But when I do speak, my words are deliberate.
When I'm passionate about something, no force on earth can stop me. 

Don’t let anyone rule you by fear.
Don’t let anyone tell you that you are whining when you are standing up for what is right.
Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t change the world because you absolutely can.

These photos and faces say everything else that my heart needs to.
Stay strong and Love one another. Love is your strongest ally. 

Power Together Tennessee









Pussy Power







Protest Signs

Protest Signs

Nashville


Protest Signs



Still Here


Ugh




Respect, Just a Little bit






Protest Signs

The Gay Agenda



Protest signs














Nashville











Protest Sign Examples







-->

No comments:

Post a Comment