Monday, January 9, 2017

Sarah & Patrick Do Scottsdale

Road trip Day 4
Miles today: 50


While staying in Phoenix I spent the first afternoon wandering around Downtown and Old Town Scottsdale. Patrick and I decided to start the day by indulging at Morning Squeeze, a breakfast place with not only a dog friendly patio but a dog menu.



Patrick had the Chow Hound Special. 


I ordered a My Way omelet, my way being avocado, havarti cheese and bacon with hash browns. It arrived just as Princess Leia walked in. At first this seemed a little odd until I remembered it was Halloween. 


I was infatuated with the Bob Parks bronze Arabian horse fountain on 5th Avenue. The intoxicating turquoise, the sheer size of each one with detail so real that I thought they’d jump right out of the fountain.




We walked the gardens of the Scottsdale civic center park. Modern art and pop colors in every direction. They also have a Robert Indiana LOVE sculpture. 




Old Town Scottsdale 


Trees filled with hanging baskets of flowers and bromeliads is such a cool idea. 







No comments:

Post a Comment